August 30, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Holiday Collection 2011

The holidays are a time to feel good; even in New York people are a little cheerier! So it seemed only natural to create a collection of holiday colors that celebrate the spirit of the season. Each color has something joyful, from large flecks of gorgeous glinting glitter or a magnificent metallic finish that shimmers off the nail. Go ahead, play with these shades and let them add to the joy of the season.

We have seen so many large sequins in fashion I wanted to make the most full-on gold ever. SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THING is all large sequined glitter in gold with nothing but a clear base. It’s holiday in a bottle!

I did my one woman show at the famous NYC Feinsteins earlier this year and I wore a ‘couture’ red sequin Jessica Rabbit gown. Since I can’t wear that dress daily I decided to create, DO YA THINK I’M SEXY?, a color we could all wear all holiday long. We even used the shade in the hottest fall runway show Rodarte. Talk about feeling sexy when you are wearing nail color!

Lying on the beach and looking up at the stars gave me the idea for this soft but shimmering shade, STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN. Made from all large glitter, it is modern and fairy princess all at the same time.

Disco is back! I have never lost my love for disco. Believe it or not I was the Arizona state disco dancing champion. I was inspired to create I LOVE THE NIGHTLIFE ($18) by the huge disco ball that was prominent in every night club back in the day. Clear base filled with large particles of graphite glitter. Edgy and cool.

I’ve been obsessed with a rose gold Rolex watch and since I haven’t received one in my Xmas stocking I decided the next best thing would be to wear the color on my nails. It has taken me 3 years to get the luxurious finish in the shade GLAMOROUS LIFE.

GOOD GIRL GONE BAD is a rich, chic sophisticated holiday shade. Dark berry with just a hint of gold shimmer— just enough to catch the light. — Deborah Lippmann

Ms. Lippmann has come up with 6 beautiful colors for this years holiday collection. I love Deborah Lippmann's polish colors because they are always either so classy or bright and sparkly.

The new polishes are as follows...

Do You Think I'm Sexy? (Red Sequin Glitter)
Glamours Life (Rolex Rose Gold)
Good Girl, Gone Bad (Bold Cabernet Glimmer)
I Love the Nightlife (Groovy Graphite Glitter)
Shake Your Groove Thing (Full Blown Flickering Gold)
Stairway to Heaven (Iridescent Circle Glitter)

Do You Think I'm Sexy & Glamorous Life

Good Girl, Gone Bad & I Love the Nightlife
 
Shake Your Groove Thing & Stairway to Heaven
You can pick up these polishes for anywhere between $16-$18. Yes, these polishes tend to be a little more pricey but seem to be well worth the money. These will be available September/October, and you can find them online at http://www.deborahlippmann.com/, Nordstorm, and many other places online. (I find these polishes to be harder to find. Maybe it's because I live in Canada, but you can only find these in select salons and down town.)

Most excited about... Do You Think I'm Sexy, Shake Your Groove Thing, and Stairway to Heaven

Peace & Luv

No comments:

Post a Comment