March 14, 2012

Kat Von D's Mi Vida Loca Palette Review

Kat Von D has create a awesomely beautiful bright, perfect for spring palette called Mi Vida Loca. Right away I had already made the assumption that this would be my favorite Kat Von D palette. I was extremely excited to see Kat come out with a palette that was not only darker, or neutral colors, but something with a little more pop.

 



This palette has already been released but is still quite new (created for Spring 2012). You can pick it up at Sephora online or in stores for $36.00 USD.

If you would like to see more pictures & swatches follow the link below...


The palette arrived in a black box that had Mi Vida Loca scrolled across it in bright writing. Inside the packaging were stars & bright colors featured in the palette.

 

The palette itself is in a tin case, also with Mi Vida Loca scrolled across it in bright writing. When you open the tin, it's spring loaded to pop open, so be careful not to drop it, like I almost did. :) I prefer this new tin packaging, as compared to the older palettes. Inside are all your shadow colors, good size mirror, & a eyeliner pencil.

The palette features 8 colors & a pencil eyeliner.

Shadows: (Left to Right)
Swan Song (Pearl /w Pink duo chrome)
Altruism (Baby Pink Pearl)
Sparklehorse (Bright Pink /w Purple sparkles)
Dublin (Dark Purple)
Mad Max (Matte Light Blue)
Drama For Yo Mama (Shimmery Bright Green)
No Regrets (Shimmery Gold)
Marya (Shimmery Vanilla)
Eyeliner:
Wonderchild (Bright Electric Blue)













Here are some swatches of each color...


 

I personally loved this palette and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind a little shimmer and enjoys bright colors. I will be posting a look right after this that is completely based off this palette. :)

I found all the colors to come off the palette easily. They all applied well, and had decent pigment. Basically the color showed up on my eyes with little effort & lasted (applied with a base) all day. I have tried a couple looks and find many of the colors in the palette compliment each other well, and can be worn all together. I was happy was very happy with my results and cant wait to use it again, and again.

I also LOVED the mini pencil eyeliner you got with the palette. Wonderchild is a fantastic bright electric blue. I love the way it looks applied straight on or blended out. I sadly can seem to find it in a bigger size online. If anyone know where to get a regular size one please let me know. :)

Peace & Luv

No comments:

Post a Comment