August 13, 2017

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks Review

A few weeks ago I had found myself inside a Sephora for the first time in quite a long time. Two items I have been specifically on the hunt for have been an long lasting liquid lipstick, and a great highlighter. I had enough time to check out almost every cosmetic line, as I like to. I have already tried quite a few liquid lipsticks and have found a variety of problems with all of them. Kat Von D was one of the few brands I had yet to try out when it came to the liquid lipstick category, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.

(Left to Right) Nosferatu & Lovecraft
I have tried a few of KVD's products such as her eye shadow palettes, lipsticks, and lip glosses. Over all I didn't get the quality I was hoping for, but was most disappointed in the lipsticks and glosses. The lipsticks didn't last, and color pay off was barely there. The glosses were tacky and sticky making them super annoying to wear. Since then I have seen some huge improvements. I've seen the quality of the Kat Von D products go up 100%.

I first decided to swatch the everlasting liquid lipsticks in store to see which color seemed to last, and what they actually looked like out of the tube. I was happy to see her most vibrant colors seemed to stay the best. Some colors even stained my skin forcing me to use an oil based remover to get it off. I was also happy to see a wide variety of colors. They range from more natural and muted tones, all the way to vibrant reds and electric blue and purples. I chose to purchase a deep red called Nosferatu & a more neutral tone called Lovecraft.

Once I got home and was able to apply the lipsticks to my lips I found them to be very light. By light I mean you don't get that caked on feeling. Your lip do not feel like they are wear a coat of something. The lipstick also does not dry out your lips. As long as you apply your liquid lipstick to clean dry lips, your lipstick should stay in place and not crack or dry. The liquid lipstick also apply to lips very smoothly. The lipstick itself is very creamy and smooth making it easy to move and spread. Lastly Kat Von D's everlasting liquid lipstick ever-lasted! It lasted hours! When I say hours I am not over exaggerating. It last through out me talking, working, drinking, and eating my dinner. Yes, you will have to touch it up after fully eating, however touch ups are minor and typically just in the center of the lips.

Lovecraft & Nosferatu

Lovecraft / Nosferatu
You can find Kat Von D's liquid lipsticks at Sephora, or anywhere KVD make up is sold. One everlasting liquid lipstick at Sephora will run you $26 CND / $20 US. As far as pricing goes for the quality and amount of product you get I say this is very fair. The tube are actually pretty long, and are completely filled.

Lovecraft

Nosferatu

Over all I was very happy with my experience testing Kat Von D's everlasting liquid lipstick. I am very excited to purchase more shade for my kit. It has honestly become my go to lipstick because of how light it feels on your lips and how long it lasts.

I hope you found this review helpful, if not at least entertaining. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please feel free to leave a comment below.

Peace & Luv

No comments:

Post a Comment