July 13, 2011

Avon Quads: Golden Splendor & Fresh Cut Greens Review & Looks

Last week I got my second Zpalette in the mail and basically wanted to get rid of all the odds and ends when it came to eyeshadows. Like most people I would rather them all be in one palette, then fifteen different containers. Point being I stumbled across two Avon Eyeshadow Quads. I noticed they had numbered the eyeshadows and had a diagram on the back of where to place the color. I thought it would be fun to try it out and write a blog about it.

So here they are; 24k Golden Splendor & Fresh Cut Greens...

 

 

For more pictures of the look and product, as well as a review click the link below...


24k Golden Splendor:

 


Fresh Cut Greens:

 

 Here are the back of the packaging:

 

When it came to creating my two different looks for these palettes I decided to follow right along with what they suggested. Both palettes gives a really natural, relaxed day look.

24k Golden Splendor:

 

 

 

Fresh Cut Greens: 

 

 

 

Review wise, over all I enjoyed the looks once I had them all finish. However when it came to apply the actual eyeshadow I found it very hard to blend in, and to even out. I find that while it actually lasts through out the time you wear it, when you are actually doing your makeup you are constantly wanting to add more color because it blends away so quickly. I found it to be a little chalky and have quiet a bit of fall out.

Basically although in the end I did like the over all look, I would still say I was not a fan of the eyeshadow in these quad. Avon does make some good eye shadows on some great palettes but this sadly wasn't one of them.

With that said if you are looking for something a little more affordable, and natural Avon may be a line you should take a look at. They do have some great shadows & palettes, at low cost. You can order Avon through your representative or go onto there site (http://www.avon.com/) to order or find a rep near you. :)

Peace & Luv

No comments:

Post a Comment