June 5, 2012

Quick Update: Face Painting

In a previous blog post I had mentioned that I would be face painting for a kids banquet, past Sunday.

I was really worried about how long it would take me to paint each child. I knew there would be a lot of kids, and not enough time. I was also worried that I would just out right suck. Before this I had never tried my hand at face painting and didn't know if I would crack under the pressure.

I am happy to report that it was a great success. Arriving there I was pretty nervous, but really didn't have a lot of time to think about it. Once I had set myself up, my sign up sheet was already filling up. I was surprised that I did a lot of arm painting. A lot of kids wanted words, or sayings. Snakes wrapping around the arm was really popular as well. As far as actual face painting there was a lot of butterflies for the girls, and bats/batman for the boys. Sadly I would have to say batman was probably my weakest work that day. :( Oh well...

Once I had got the hang of painting different people (from babies to adults) and had a feel for what people expected I actually started to have a lot of fun. I hope to continue to practice, and hopefully get better and maybe start doing this as side work. 

I wish I had taken more pictures. To be honest I only took one picture all day!!! I know right. :/ I just didn't really have the time, trying to get through as many people as possible.The picture I did take have to be my two favourite faces. My tiger ladies....


This is some practice work I did the night before...


All together I had a great time face painting for all those kids. It was a great experience and something I would defiantly do again.

Peace & Luv

No comments:

Post a Comment