April 24, 2014

Nails... William's A Cut Above (Review & How To)

Yesterday I got myself a new set of acrylic nails. When I got my nails done they were painted with OPI's William Tell Me About OPI. I then wanted to take my nails from basic to glitter so I added Essie's A Cut Above glitter top coat.



For more pictures, how to create these nails & a review, please follow the link below...



How to get this look:

1. Apply base color to nails. This color could be any shade you think will match or work with the sparkle top coat you are using. In this case I used OPI's William Tell Me About OPI.

2. Apply a second coat of your base color. You can let your nails dry for a minute if you like.

3. Next apply your sparkle/glitter coat to only three quarters of your nail. Just one thin coat. Do this to all your nails before apply the next round of polish. I for my nails I used Essie A Cut Above.

4. Now go back and apply glitter only to the top half of your nail. Repeat this step only focusing on the tip of your nails.

5. Apply a coat or two of your favourite clear top coat and allow to dry. If you like you can use a drying product to speed up the dry time.

And there you have it! A very simple but very fancy manicure.

Review:

William Tell Me About OPI is a dark eggplant purple, that dries with a slight gloss. Being very similar to Lincoln Park After Dark, this will probably end up being one of my favourite OPI polishes. This polish will need two coats for full color. Dry time was average. This polish was featured in OPI's Swiss Collection in Fall of 2010.


A Cut Above is a clear topcoat with a mix of pink sparkles and hexagonal shaped glitter. This top coat is so cute. The amount of polish you apply will depend on the look you are going for. I used 2-3 coats. Dry time was pretty fast. Only a couple minutes. This polish was featured in Essie's Luxeffects Collection for the Holidays in 2011.


I hope you found this blog to be helpful. If you have any questions or comments please them then below. I am happy with how these nails turned out and I'm sure you will be too!

Peace & Luv

No comments:

Post a Comment