January 11, 2016

David Bowie 1947-2016

Today's post is not a make up related blog, but I feel it deserves a post to commemorate the loss of someone who inspired me to love the arts and to do the things I love to do, including make up. 

Today the world lost a legendary artist. I am absolutely shocked an sadden about this tragic news. David Robert Jones was born on January 8th 1947 in Brixton, London and passed away on January 10th 2016, in New York, New York after his battle with cancer. Better known as David Bowie, David Robert Jones touched the world and my life with his artistic inflence and expression.

I am truly sadden by the loss of such an amazing artist. I personally feel so much reget for never geting or finding the oppurtunity to see him perform live. We are slowly lossing a generation of incredible performers and artists, and we can't take back time. I feel lucky enough to have had someone so ground breaking to look up to through out my life.

Bowie was classy until the end. Blessed to be able to release a final album, he used it as a way to tell his fans that he knew he was dying and that he would be okay. He would finally be free amoung the stars.

David Bowie was a inspration to me in many ways. So many aspects of Bowie and his career have inspired the thiings I do and enjoy artistically today, Things like music, make up, video, fashion. He was revolutionary and will always be rememebered for it.

Daivd Bowies passing as truly rocked my world today. My love goes out to his family and friends today. I am from the bottom of my heart, truly sorry for your loss. I can only imagine what you are going through. 

We'll see you on the other side. xo

Peace & Luv


No comments:

Post a Comment