January 14, 2015

Review... ESO Smooth Lip Balm 2014 Holiday Collection

Inspired by travel and the warm sun, this limited edition eos Smooth Sphere lip balm flavor trio was inspired by fashion designer Rachel Roy. Each pack includes brand-new, limited edition flavors Indian Summer Orange Blossom, Aloha Hawaii Strawberry Kiwi, and St. Barth's Sunrise Pink Grapefruit. USDA-certified organic and 100% natural with a special design on each lip balm, this collection is sure to keep you smiling all season long. Makes a great holiday gift or stocking stuffer.

Over the holidays I was shopping (of course) and came across a Evolution of Smooth holiday set that came with 3 EOS sphere lip balms. I thought since I have never tried them why not give this holiday pack a try.



So as mentioned there were 3 lip balms included. As far as packaging went it was very cute and very giftable. You could tell right away that it was made to give as a gift during the holiday season. They came in a circular container with a clear lid so you could see the contents.

Lip Balms include Indian Summer Orange Blossom, Aloha Hawaii Strawberry Kiwi, & St Barth's Sunrise Pink Grapefruit. (Personal favorite: St. Barth's Sunrise Pink Grapefruit)

Each EOS lip balm came in its classic sphere shape, as well as regular twist on container. At first I wasnt too sure how I would feel about having a round lip balm. I found that in the end the shape had no effect on how I felt about it.  The round edge makes it a little easier to apply in one round consecutive motion. I thought it was a cute and funky idea simply because its diffrent. With this said like many other lip balms or lip chap I find that the lid & edges tend to get dirty quickly. I thought there may be a tighter seal on the EOS balms due to the lid actually screwing onto the bottom but found them to be just like any other lip balm. 




The first thing I noticed about the actual product was the smell. These EOS lip balms smell like candy and will continue to smell like candy while you were them. There is no horrible after taste from licking your lips either.

I enjoyed the way these balms applied smoothly to my lips. Its glided on nicely without over applying. At first my lips were very smooth & felt moisturized however after only a few minutes I found myself needing to apply more. I also found that as this lip balm absorbed into my lips, they started to feel s little dry. Almost as if I need to continue to reapply, reapply. Over a couple days of use I found my lips to be more dried out then when I had started. 

At first I was really excited about this product. I think its a super cute idea, in a unique package however I was a little disappointed with the product itself.

If you would like more information on thus product head to evolutionofsmooth.ca

Hope you found this review useful. Feel free to leave any questions or comments below.

Peace & Luv

No comments:

Post a Comment