June 9, 2016

First Time: Brow Tinting

Today I went on a bit of a cosmetic adventure. A close friend of mine has recently had to go through some training to learn new eyebrow shaping, grooming and styling technquines. Today she got to practice some brow tinting and has asked if she cold use me as a model. Being interested I, of course, said yes. 

To be honest with you it was just like getting your hair dyed. Well the same type of idea when it came to apply dye and then removing it. They apply some sort of dye or tinting to your eyebrows carefully using a spoolie or brush. (I've seen a couple diffrent technquines.) Then depending on the individual and desired look they leave it on for an allotted amount of time. Once the time is up they wipe it off to reveal your tinited eyebrows. I am happy to report that there was absolutely no uncomfortable sensations or strong odors. 


The picture on the left is from this morning before getting my brows done. The picture on the right is from this afternoon after having my eyebrows done. You can tell that my brows are darker and slightly more filled in. Please note: In the second photo I do have parts of my eyes filled in due to my over plucking. :/ Tinting your eyebrows will NOT make magical hairs appear giving you the fuller looking brow. Just sayin.

Today was quite a treat since it had been so long since I had gotten anything professionally done with my eyebrows in such a long time. Today was the first time my eyebrows were waxed in YEARS! I usally maintain them myself at home, however that looks like it may change.

Please remember this is not something I would reccomend you trying at home. The people who do this at professional businesses are trained professionals. Please do not try this at home with some box color and injury your face! Or worse blind yourself!! Please leave this type of work up to the pros.

Just wanted to give a huge shout out to my girl, Sam for doing a fantastic job on my brows. I am very proud of you Checkers. ;) You can find Sam on Twitter & Intstagram. Just head over to my page and follow the links specifically for this post.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them in the comment box below.

Peace & Luv

No comments:

Post a Comment